Real life definitely slowed down my reading progress this past month, but I’ve read more books and written more reviews than I’ve had time to post here. I admit I’ve been in a bit of a book slump lately, so I need motivation to stay on schedule. Nonetheless, I’m determined to keep my 2017 Reading Goals. Read on to check out the good, bad, and ugly status of my goals, plus a wrap-up of books reviewed on the blog in February.
- [3 Feb] P.I.T.A. by Brooke Blaine ★★★★½
- [11 Feb] Debt Inheritance (Indebted, #1) by Pepper Winters ★½
- [18 Feb] The Spiral Down (The Fall Up, #2) by Aly Martinez ★★★★★
- [21 Feb] Roman (Cold Fury Hockey, #7) by Sawyer Bennett ★★★★
- [24 Feb] Royally Matched (Royally, #2) by Emma Chase ★★★★★
- [27 Feb] The Hot One by Lauren Blakely ★★★★
- [28 Feb] Wait for It (Everything I Left Unsaid, #4) by Molly O'Keefe ★★★
Reading Goals: February Status Update
I need you all to hold me accountable, so for better or worse, here’s the lowdown on my 2017 Reading Goals status.
- DNF without guilt.
I didn’t feel the need to DNF any books this past month, but I came thisclose a couple times.
- Have more variety.
I read two dark romances, Debt Inheritance and First Debt, by Pepper Winters. It’s not a genre that I typically read, so I definitely pushed myself a little out of my comfort zone.
- Give new authors a chance.
See above. Pepper Winters is a new-to-me author. I’m not sure her writing style is quite my thing, but I’m glad I tried something new.
- Go on an ARC diet.
I fell off the wagon. Big time. I blame my blogger friends. You know who you are. I signed up for six ARCs in February, but only three were through tour companies. Reviewing an ARC through an author or publicist is a lot less stressful, so do I get any bonus points?
- Meet or exceed my Goodreads Reading Challenge.
I’ve read 21 books so far, which is five books ahead of schedule!
Here’s to a great March!