Sorry “That’s a Wrap!” is late this month. I’ve been taking advantage of summer break and reading like crazy. With a couple of exceptions, July 2017 was a fantabulous month for reading, including five 5-star reads. Here’s a look at the books reviewed on the blog. Click on any title to read the full review. I want you to hold me accountable for my 2017 Reading Goals, so I’m also including a check-in.
- [3 Jul] Fly with Me (Wild Aces, #1) by Chanel Cleeton ★★★★
- [10 Jul] Take Me Back by Meghan March ★★★★
- [11 Jul] The Red by Tiffany Reisz ★
- [12 Jul] Two is a Lie (Tangled Lies, #2) by Pam Godwin ★★★★★
- [14 Jul] Hello Forever by Sarina Bowen ★★★★
- [17 Jul] The Darkest Sunrise (The Darkest Sunrise Duet Book 1) by Aly Martinez ★★★★★
- [20 Jul] Unconventional by Isabel Love ★★★★★
- [21 Jul] How to Date a Douchebag: The Studying Hours by Sara Ney ★★★★½
- [26 Jul] How to Date a Douchebag: The Failing Hours by Sara Ney ★★★★
- [27 Jul] The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden, #1) by A.R. Torre, Alessandra Torre ★★★★
- [31 Jul] The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2) by Amy Harmon ★★★★★
- [31 Jul] The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise, #2) by Aly Martinez ★★★★★
Reading Goals: July Update
- DNF without guilt.
There was one book I just couldn’t bring myself to finish. It was an ARC, too, which made it extra hard to call it quits. I stayed true to my goal, though, so yay for me. As usual, I don’t post reviews for DNF books on the blog, but if you’re interested, visit my DNF bookshelf on Goodreads to read a quick summary of my thoughts.
- Have more variety.
I hardly ever read thrillers, but I read one last month (The Girl in 6E by A.R. Torre). It’s super creepy and engrossing, and more erotic than romantic. I also read a paranormal romance that I adored (The Queen and the Cure by Amy Harmon). I may just turn into a PNR fan.
- Give new authors a chance.
Chanel Cleeton, Isabel Love, and Sara Ney were all new-to-me authors. The chances I took paid off with some really wonderful reads.
- Go on an ARC diet.
Well… I had six ARCs in July if you don’t include the one I didn’t finish. That’s way more than I planned to review. Hopefully, I can get back on the wagon this month.
- Meet or exceed my Goodreads Reading Challenge.
As of today I’ve read 84 books. That’s 24 books ahead of schedule! You can keep track of my progress on the sidebar.