I can’t believe it, but I’ve read over 170 books this year! In terms of 2015 releases, some books missed the mark with me, and many I enjoyed; however, there are only a select number of stand-outs that I absolutely adored. Here are my top ten favorite books of 2015. For other highly recommended 2015 books, see Best of 2015.
1) Sustained by Emma Chase. This romantic comedy is complete perfection. A sexy hero, six adorable children, hilarious antics, and an overall heartwarming story. It was a 5+ star read for me.
2) The Deal by Elle Kennedy. This New Adult novel is not just my favorite sports romance of 2015, but one of my all-time favorite books. It’s laugh-out-loud funny with some steam on the side.
3) End of Day and Middle of Knight by Jewel E. Ann. The first two books in the Jack & Jill trilogy completely blew me away. These books take the prize for the most original plot. Romantic suspense at its finest.
4) Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy. This was my first LGBT book, and I don’t think I could have picked a better intro to the genre. It’s a friends to lovers sports romance that is perfection from beginning to end.
5) Before We Were Strangers by Renée Carlino. This amazing friends to lovers/second chance romance has all the feels and a unique premise. It’s an emotional rollercoaster, and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride.
6) Elements of Chemistry by Penny Reid. This New Adult novel has a wonderful combination of comedy, drama, and romance. I couldn’t help but fall in love with the smart, quirky heroine.
7) The Friend Zone by Kristen Callihan. It’s the second standalone book in the Game On series, and the banter is off the charts. This ultimate friends to lovers/college sports romance really stood out in a year filled with sports romances.
8) The Fall by Kate Stewart. I love second chance romance, and this is one of the year’s best. It’s also an exceedingly well written friends to lovers story with a delicious slow burn.
9) When I Fall by J. Daniels. The Queen of erotica does it again! This standalone is by far my favorite in the Alabama Summers series. An interesting story, a lovable heroine, and one dirty talking hero made this a winner for me.
10) King of Hearts by L.H. Cosway. This unique second chance romance was a real page-turner. It’s sweet, hilarious, and heartbreaking.