Well, that’s a wrap for 2017! Happy New Year! I’ll share my reading goals for 2018 in a separate post but before I do, it’s time to take an honest look and see how I did with my 2017 reading goals. First things first, though. Here’s a wrap-up of December 2017 reviews. Three 5-star books!!
- [6 Dec] Man Hands (Man Hands, #1) by Sarina Bowen, Tanya Eby ★★★★
- [12 Dec] Alex (Cold Fury Hockey, #1) by Sawyer Bennett ★★
- [15 Dec] All the Sky (Signal Bend, #5) by Susan Fanetti ★★★★★
- [20 Dec] Team Player: A Sports Romance Anthology by Adriana Locke, Charleigh Rose, Ella Fox, Emma Scott, Kate Stewart, Kennedy Ryan, L.J. Shen, Mandi Beck, Meghan Quinn, Rochelle Paige, Sara Ney ★★★★
- [24 Dec] Vicious (Sinners of Saint, #1) by L.J. Shen ★★★★★
- [26 Dec] Ruckus (Sinners of Saint, #2) by L.J. Shen ★★★★★
- [28 Dec] Scandalous (Sinners of Saint, #3) by L.J. Shen ★★★★½
- [31 Dec] Defy (Sinners of Saint, #0.5) by L.J. Shen ★★★★½
2017 Reading Goals Report
Ok, it’s the moment of truth. Let’s see how I did with my 2017 Reading Goals.
- DNF without guilt.
Success! I really need to pat myself on the back with this one. It was one of the hardest goals to achieve. It still isn’t easy for me to give up on a book, especially if it’s an Advance Review Copy (ARC). I really struggled with it and frequently argued with myself about whether it was too early in the book to quit reading or if I should keep going. In the end, I looked at my schedule and my TBR pile, and decided life is too short to read books that don’t bring me joy.
- Have more variety.
An overall success. In addition to my usual genre of romance, I read some romantic suspense, young adult, mystery, thrillers, dark romance, and fantasy. I could have done better in terms of the quantity of these types of books , but I think I did well with the variety.
- Give new authors a chance.
Double thumbs up. I read a different new author every month! Some of them didn’t work out for me, but I discovered some new favorites, such as Kennedy Ryan and L.J. Shen.
- Go on an ARC diet.
Spoiler alert: This one will be on my 2018 reading goals again. I wanted to read fewer than six ARCs a month. Some months I did fairly well, but for others it was an epic fail. I clearly need to learn to just say no!
- Meet or exceed my Goodreads Reading Challenge.
Success. My goal was 100 books, and I wound up reading 127 books. How many books will I challenge myself to read in 2018? You’ll have to wait and see.
I’m off to fine tune my 2018 goals before I share them with you. I hope your first book of the new year is a great one.