We’re halfway through April, and I still haven’t posted my March wrap-up yet. *Hangs head in shame while being carted off to bloggers’ jail.* March saw me reading a bit of everything: from romantic comedy to contemporary fiction; one star books to five-star reads. I also tried to stick with my 2017 Reading Goals. It’s time for another Reading Goals checkup, but first here’s a list books reviewed in March 2017.
- [1 Mar] Calculated in Death (In Death, #36) by J.D. Robb ★★★★½
- [6 Mar] The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3) by L.H. Cosway, Penny Reid ★★★★★
- [10 Mar] American Prince (American Queen Trilogy, #2) by Sierra Simone ★★★★½
- [11 Mar] Unwritten (Woodlands, #5) by Jen Frederick ★★★★
- [14 Mar] If You Were Mine by Melanie Harlow ★★
- [16 Mar] The Butterfly Project by Emma Scott ★★★★
- [17 Mar] Goodbye Paradise by Sarina Bowen ★★★★★
- [23 Mar] First Debt (Indebted, #2) by Pepper Winters ★½
- [28 Mar] The Brave Line by Kate Stewart ★★★★
- [29 Mar] The Feathered Bone by Julie Cantrell ★★
- [30 Mar] Wedlocked (Preslocke, #3) by Ella Frank, Brooke Blaine ★★★★
- [31 Mar] Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3) by Penny Reid ★★★★
Reading Goals: March Update
How have I been doing with my 2017 Reading Goals? You tell me.
- DNF without guilt.
There were a couple books that I rated poorly, but I didn’t have a problem finishing anything.
- Have more variety.
I ventured away from romance altogether with The Feathered Bone by Julie Cantrell. It’s a mystery that deals with some heavy subject matter.
- Give new authors a chance.
The Feathered Bone (see above) is the first book I’ve read by Julie Cantrell. Unfortunately, it was a miss for me. I listened to the audiobook version, and the unexpressive narration did nothing to win me over. My search for a new author to love continues.
- Go on an ARC diet.
Someone forced me to read eight ARCs in March. Hey, no judging! That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
- Meet or exceed my Goodreads Reading Challenge.
With 31 books read so far this year, I’m three books ahead of schedule. Yay me!
Happy reading, everyone